Primary PE & Sport Funding Statement – Warren Junior School
Short general statement about the value of PE and sport to the school
At Warren Junior School we recognise the value of PE and sport. We provide a wide range of opportunities for all pupils both within the curriculum and through extra-curricular clubs. We are proud of our involvement in competitive sporting events across the Borough and the wider local area.
Warren Junior School will receive £10,350 per year for the next two school years. For the school year 2015/16 this funding has been allocated as follows;
- To employ the services of Premier Sport coaches to deliver both curriculum PE and sports extra-curricular and lunchtime sessions.
- To employ a coach from West Ham United Community Sports Trust.
- To give all children in year 5 golf lessons and liaise with a local golf facility.
- To give children throughout the school access to quality cricket teaching from accredited coaching staff.
- To facilitate further enhanced PE and Sports Curriculum opportunities for pupils.Our aims include:
- Improving the quality and breadth of PE and sport provision through well planned and competently delivered curriculum with the use of coaches/teachers where required.
- Increasing participation in extra-curricular sport so that all pupils have the opportunity to develop healthy lifestyles and reach the performance levels they are capable of.
- The following impact on pupils’ PE and sport participation and attainment has been noted:
- Increased participation across the board / from particular identified groups
- Raised profile of activity
- Links with other work on health and well-being of the pupils
- Raised self-esteem – aspiration to be more healthy, fitter, etc.
This provision is constantly under review and is monitored as part of our routine school monitoring processes